HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges provide reliable and low cost protection to guard your data against the threat of cyber attacks and ransomware, as well as meeting your demands for reliability when restoring data. They enable businesses to comply with the recommendations of law enforcement agencies around the world to maintain offline copies of their data. Built upon a legacy of nine generations, and with native transfer speeds of up to 1.44 TB/h for LTO-9, there is a platform for every budget. Secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access. HPE StoreOpen and Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and shareable media, such as a USB drive. Also, because LTO cartridges at rest require minimal additional power and cooling, they offer a greener, more sustainable long term archival solution for your data.
Key Features & Benefits
- Up to 45 TB compressed capacity on LTO tape drives and libraries.
- Supports transfer speeds of up to 300 MB/s (native, half height), 400 MB/s (native, full height), 700 MB/s (assuming 2.5:1 compression, half height), 1,000 MB/s (assuming 2.5:1 compression, full height) with LTO-9
- Tested to extremes to a level performance unique to Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Many of the test procedures required for successful HPE Brand qualification (e.g. Green Tape Test, load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) are not required for the Ultrium logo.
- Both Re-Writable and WORM formats available.
- Unique HPE colored cartridges to assist with identification in mixed media environments.